Receive occasional emails with exclusive content, blog updates, and special offers
- 4 salmon fillets
- 4 portions of veg to stir fry.
I chop baby corn, mangetout, and tenderstem broccoli into big chunks. Use whatever you like!
- 4 portions rice per person (1/3 - 1/2 cup uncooked)
You can use whichever type of rice you prefer, or even opt for quinoa as a higher-protein alternative.
- Dried chilli flakes
For the teriyaki sauce:
- 1/4 cup minced garlic
- 1/4 cup grated ginger
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped coriander
- 2 tbsp. honey
- 2 tbsp. toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp. light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp. black/white/both sesame seeds
1. Wash your rice until the water runs clear, then cook it according to the instructions on the packet. Once this is cooking, start to chop and prepare all of your fresh ingredients. The fish and veg in this recipe will cook in 5-6 minutes, so try to time your rice accordingly. In a pinch you could use microwaveable rice.
2. Get a non-stick frying pan heating on the stove with a little oil. Meanwhile, mix your ingredients for the sauce, and pour onto the raw salmon fillets.
3. Pop your salmon into the pan, skin side down. Pour most of the remaining sauce onto your sizzling salmon. Slide a spatula under your salmon fillets to ensure that the skin doesn't stick to the pan.
4. Heat up a wok with a good glug of oil, and chuck in your veg. Let it fry in the oil for a couple of minutes before adding dried chilli flakes to taste, and a drizzle of soy sauce for flavour. Keep turning your veg to avoid burning!
5. After 4-5mins, pour the remaining sauce over the salmon and turn them over for the final 1-2mins cooking time.
6. Both your salmon and veg should take around 5-6mins to cook, but it's best to simply pay attention to them to get it right. I prefer my salmon a little raw in the middle, and my vegetables crunchy, so I take them out of the pan once I feel they're ready. You might prefer to keep them cooking for longer.
7. Serve and enjoy!
Enjoyed this article?
Subscribe now to get updated when new posts arrive!
You'll get email updates on new blog posts, discounted tickets to my events, plus exclusive content that I only send out via email.
Don't miss out!