Receive occasional emails with exclusive content, blog updates, and special offers
This easy and tasty recipe is perfect as a filling main meal or an indulgent side dish for family gatherings, barbecues, or weekday dinners. Serve on its own or alongside grilled chicken and steamed greens.
- 1 medium butternut squash: peeled, seeded and diced
- 6 rashers of streaky bacon, chopped into squares
- 1 large or 2 small shallots, minced
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 1 large handful of pecans
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 220º (180º fan oven)
- Scatter butternut cubes onto a baking tray lined with foil, and drizzle with olive oil. Place in oven for 20-25mins
- Meanwhile, fry bacon bits in a large skillet until crispy
- Once cooked, transfer bacon into a separate dish
- Fry shallot in the bacon grease left in the pan until browned, then add the pecans and spinach
- Once the butternut cubes are cooked through and a little browned, add them to the hot pan with the shallot, pecan and spinach mix.
- Pop the bacon bits back into the mix and toss ingredients together.
Per serving (3 people)
- Carbs: 52g
- Fats: 41g
- Protein: 11g
- Cals: 585cal
Live Your Best Life
Want to work out, eat well, and live a long and healthy life... but don't know where to start?
In my lovingly prepared (and free!) e-book you'll discover the ten basic lifestyle elements you need in place to optimise your health, fitness and wellbeing.
Enjoyed this article?
Subscribe now to get updated when new posts arrive!
You'll get email updates on new blog posts, discounted tickets to my events, plus exclusive content that I only send out via email.
Don't miss out!