Receive occasional emails with exclusive content, blog updates, and special offers
This Asian chicken noodle soup recipe is one of my favourite meals of all time! I discovered it on a trip to Thailand and it's taken me months of trying since I got home to perfect the recipe to taste just like it did in Chiang Mai! Every time I make it I feel like I'm on holiday again =)
- 4 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 9 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 500ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp palm or light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 300g fresh egg noodles
- Splash dark soy sauce
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 50g fresh coriander
- 300g tenderstem broccoli
- Pinch crushed chili flakes
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped
- Pop the Thai red chili paste into a hot pan, and add the drumsticks. Give them 3-4 of minutes to brown, turning them every few seconds.
- Add half of your chopped spring and red onions, plus the curry powder, coconut milk and chicken stock.
- Once the liquid is boiling, add your sugar and fish sauce and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat some oil in a wok and add your broccoli. Throw in the chili flakes and chopped garlic a minute later, and turn every minute until cooked. This should take about 8 minutes.
- Boil your noodles in a large pan of boiling water. Fresh egg noodles should only take one minute.
- Divide your cooked noodles between 3-4 bowls, and splash on some dark soy. Use a ladle to add the chicken and a good helping of the broth on top, and sprinkle on your remaining onions and the coriander. Serve your broccoli on the side.
Enjoyed this article?
Subscribe now to get updated when new posts arrive!
You'll get email updates on new blog posts, discounted tickets to my events, plus exclusive content that I only send out via email.
Don't miss out!