This easy and tasty recipe is perfect as a filling main meal or an indulgent side dish for family gatherings, barbecues, or weekday dinners. Serve on its own or alongside grilled chicken and steamed greens.
- 1 medium butternut squash: peeled, seeded and diced
- 6 rashers of streaky bacon, chopped into squares
- 1 large or 2 small shallots, minced
- 1 large handful of spinach
- 1 large handful of pecans
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- Pre-heat oven to 220º (180º fan oven)
- Scatter butternut cubes onto a baking tray lined with foil, and drizzle with olive oil. Place in oven for 20-25mins
- Meanwhile, fry bacon bits in a large skillet until crispy
- Once cooked, transfer bacon into a separate dish
- Fry shallot in the bacon grease left in the pan until browned, then add the pecans and spinach
- Once the butternut cubes are cooked through and a little browned, add them to the hot pan with the shallot, pecan and spinach mix.
- Pop the bacon bits back into the mix and toss ingredients together.
Per serving (3 people)
- Carbs: 52g
- Fats: 41g
- Protein: 11g
- Cals: 585cal