This Asian chicken noodle soup recipe is one of my favourite meals of all time! I discovered it on a trip to Thailand and it's taken me months of trying since I got home to perfect the recipe to taste just like it did in Chiang Mai! Every time I make it I feel like I'm on holiday again =)
- 4 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 9 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbsp mild curry powder
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 500ml chicken stock
- 2 tbsp palm or light brown sugar
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- 300g fresh egg noodles
- Splash dark soy sauce
- 2 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 50g fresh coriander
- 300g tenderstem broccoli
- Pinch crushed chili flakes
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed and chopped
Discover the 10 lifestyle foundations you need in place to optimise your health, fitness and wellbeing...
(Hint... they may not be what you expect!)
- Pop the Thai red chili paste into a hot pan, and add the drumsticks. Give them 3-4 of minutes to brown, turning them every few seconds.
- Add half of your chopped spring and red onions, plus the curry powder, coconut milk and chicken stock.
- Once the liquid is boiling, add your sugar and fish sauce and reduce to a simmer for 20 minutes until the chicken is cooked through.
- Meanwhile, heat some oil in a wok and add your broccoli. Throw in the chili flakes and chopped garlic a minute later, and turn every minute until cooked. This should take about 8 minutes.
- Boil your noodles in a large pan of boiling water. Fresh egg noodles should only take one minute.
- Divide your cooked noodles between 3-4 bowls, and splash on some dark soy. Use a ladle to add the chicken and a good helping of the broth on top, and sprinkle on your remaining onions and the coriander. Serve your broccoli on the side.